BECOME A CADET
The Royal Canadian Army Cadets (RCAC) has over 20,000 army cadets in more than several hundred “corps” (units) all over the country and is one of the biggest and best clubs around. When it comes to fun, friendship, and adventure, it’s hard to find anything that beats the Army Cadets.
Become an Army Cadet and you’ll be spending your spare time taking part in adventurous activities like marksmanship training, and outdoor expeditions. There will also be plenty of chance to play all your favourite sports because the Cadet program has competitions for across the regional, provincial, and national level.
If you continue with the program, you’ll eventually become a senior ranking cadet. Every year, some of our top senior cadets get a chance to participate in high-level expeditions around the globe. Our destinations in the past few years included Morocco, Australia, Costa Rica, South Korea, France, New Zealand, the Canadian Rockies, the Northwest Territories, and Newfoundland and Labrador. Whatever the destination, cadets will find the ultimate challenge awaiting them!
Doesn’t that beat sitting in front of a TV or computer alone in your room?
REQUIREMENTS TO JOIN CADETS
- Be a minimum of 12 years old;
- Be a legal resident of Canada;
- Have your parents permission;
- Have a provincial health card;
- Be medically, physically, and psychologically fit;
- Be of good moral character; and
- Be acceptable to the Commanding Officer.
STEPS TO JOIN
If you’re 12 years old and under 18, you meet the age requirement to join cadets. This is what you need to do:
- Complete the form found at this link.
- You will receive a follow-up email with more information on when we meet.